Trading Room (The Hughey Center for Financial Services)
Widely viewed as one of the world's leading centers for financial services training and learning, the Trading Room is home to an unrivaled collection of data feeds and analytical tools, supported by an investment of $3.5 million in annual licensing fees. Students work firsthand with actual industry tools and technology to master financial principles and practices in trading, risk management and more.
Software and Data Feeds
- Style, Performance and Risk (SPAR)
- ThomsonOne Analytics
- Capital IQ
- Financial Trading System
- Option Tutor
- Palisade Statistical Suite
- Matlab (Matrix Laboratory)
- Bond Tutor
- DataStream Advance
- Mergent Horizon
- CAPM Tutor
- Morningstar Direct
- William O'Neil Direct Access (WONDA)
- Portfolio Analysis
- S&P Compustat
- 5,000-square-foot trading floor
- 60 Hewlett Packard workstations with dual 19" NEC displays
- 24 Bloomberg terminals
- 16 NEC 42" LCD screens and three ticker tapes displaying market information, news headlines and real-time data
Center For Marketing Technology
The Center for Marketing Technology enables students to source the marketing data needed for real-world projects. From in-depth research and strategy to the latest trends and technology, you’ll go beyond the classroom and collaborate on strategic consulting projects for CMT clients seeking to understand today’s complex marketing landscape.
- 4 project and collaboration rooms
- Focus group suite with one-way mirror and observation room
- 39-seat Mac-networked SMART classroom
- Research software including Qualitap, Qualtrics, TAPSCAN, SPSS and MediaMark Reporter
- Other specialized resources include the Data Analytics Lab, Satellite Lab, eResearch Lab, and Consumer and Technology Lab.
User Experience Center
The User Experience Center plays a dynamic, dual role for our students’ career development. It's where you’ll gain exposure to the methods needed to release new products into the marketplace, from research and design to testing and competitive analysis. It's also where corporate partners work directly with our staff and students on actual consulting projects.
We recently launched a sister studio in Kendall Square's Technology Square, partnering with a variety of early-stage companies to expand our commitment to bringing new products to market.
ACELAB (Howard A. Winer Accounting Center for Electronic Learning and Business Measurement)
The ACELAB is home to the sophisticated tools and training you’ll need to thrive in the modern world of accounting. Here, students gain valuable experience with the latest software and applications, along with insights into technology's evolving role in research, data modeling and more.
- 6 networked individual workstations
- 4 group work stations with 42" display screens
- Conference room with Smartboard
- Laser printer for high-quality reports
- Classroom with projection equipment and 36 workstations with laptop ports
- Sage 50
CIS Learning And Technology Sandbox
The Sandbox is home to everything you’ll need to build the technology that drives modern business, including mobile apps, video games and more.
- Java, JSP and J2EE for software development
- UML for object-oriented modeling
- Oracle and SQL for database management
- Microsoft Project for IT project management
- Networking labs and simulations